Finals are here for some of us and around the corner for others! So it’s only appropriate to create a finals week guide to help us all get through the week with a little less stress! Not surprisingly, the internet has a host of suggestions to help us all through this treacherous week. Below I’ve compiled some of the most beneficial tips that remind us all to still love ourselves, even if we’re not loving what we’re doing.
- Set your surroundings for success. Have some healthy foods and meals on hand for when you need a break…especially brain foods! click here to know more about foods. For example, avocados, eggs, mixed nuts, and whole grains all help your mind function at it’s best! (Or, if you’re me…lots and lots and lots of fruit!)
- Get a good night’s rest! This one’s pretty simple. Your brain and body need rest and coffee and energy drinks only work so well. A rested mind is a healthy mind.
- Switch up your study spot. Give yourself some variety and help break up the monotony.
- Make a schedule for yourself. Knowing what you need to do and when you need to do it can help you study more efficiently.
- Keep your mom, dad, friend, sister, etc. on speed dial. When I feel overwhelmed, nothing calms me down like a 5 minute phone call to my mom. Sometimes, they know just what to say!
Happy finals week(s)!!
LeadHer™ Intern, Campus Calm™
Learn more about Julie here.