Want to know what happens when you try to open iChat, Photoshop, Microsoft Outlook and InDesign at the same time? Nothing. The computer spins its multi-colored wheels until you either wait patiently or force quit. This is what happens when we expect ourselves to do four things at once. Let’s open ourselves up to one new task at a time friends Force quit is no fun!
Here are some empowering questions to gently ask yourself the next time you’re in danger of force quitting due to overwhelm and overexertion:
- Why do I think I’m in this situation?
- What do I most want right now?
- What is stopping me from getting it?
- What is one small action step I can take to move me toward what I really want?
- How would trying that feel to me?
- When am I going to take that first step?
- How will I hold myself accountable?
- If that doesn’t do the trick to lessen my feelings of overwhelm, what else can I do?
- What lessons will I remember the next time I’m in this situation?
- How can I be kind to myself right now?
- How can I spread this lesson to my friends and serve as a positive example for everyone I know!?
Don’t forget to congratulate yourself for making an empowered choice to keep calm and stay kind to yourself in the face of adversity. You just took a giant step forward on your personal leadership development journey!
Remember that you’re never alone. We’re always here to support you!
Ever after in faith of ourselves,
Founder & President