5 Ways to Lose Weight, Save Money, and Feel Fabulous!
Forget the latest fad diets, weird foods, and expensive gadgets. Losing weight and saving money may be as simple as following tips 1-5.
1) Evaluate your shopping list before heading to the store. Eliminate all boxed, pre-packaged, and pre-made foods. Purchase whole foods that may be used in multiple dishes. Bags of beans, brown rice, sweet potatoes, steel cut oatmeal, eggs, and tuna are great starters. Try farmers markets, for fresh, local, cost effective produce. Sticking to simple dishes with 4-6 ingredients will save you time and money.
2) Purchase measuring cups, and single serving glass or plastic bowls with the portions written on the bottom. After preparing meals, create single serving portions in your bowls for lunch the next day.
3) Remember these portion tips- complex carbs = 1 cup cooked, cheese- the size of 2 playing dice (1-2 ounces), lean proteins = the palm of your hand (3-4 ounces), oatmeal 1/4cup, 1 egg, water = 60 ounces a day.
4) EAT breakfast. Eating within an hour of waking up is important to stabilize your blood sugar, and keeping your metabolism functioning correctly. Incorporate these into your weekly menu- steel cut oatmeal and a hard boiled egg; low-fat plain yogurt and 1/2 small banana (or a few berries); a protein shake; 1/4 cup of raw almonds and a small piece of fruit. Eating meals that contain a lean protein and complex carb, will keep you fuller longer.
5) Carry a cooler with you during the day. Packing your meals and snacks will not only help you stay on your path, but save you $$ as well.
** TOP 6 THINGS TO AVOID
1) Sugar, white flour
2) Artificial sugars
4) Alcohol (limit alcohol as much as possible)
5) Saturated and trans fats
6) Artificial foods like processed cheeses
For more information connect with Amy at email@example.com or www.go2beyondmotion.com
~ Amy Lademann
Fitness Expert, Campus Calm™