For college women leaders
10 Affirmations for College Student Success
By: Maria Pascucci, Founder & President, Campus Calm®
School’s about to start. You have books to read, tests to study for, papers to write, and a job on the side. You can't afford to miss class, or work. You don't have time to get sick.
The reality is college women leaders get sick. We become stressed out by all our academic, work and life commitments, skimp on sleep, fill up on junk food and then when our compromised immune systems brush by some germs - well - pass the tissues. Luckily, there are ways to keep our energy levels up and our immune systems strong, able to ward off stress and fight infection. If you're a college women leader who's looking for ways to keep your mind, body and spirit healthy for back to school and beyond, practice these 10 simple affirmations:
1. Because I love myself, I allow myself enough sleep each night to fully rest my body, recharge my batteries and support my immune system so I get to wake up feeling energized and excited to start my day.
2. Because I love myself, I create time to move my body every day in ways that bring me joy.
3. Because I love myself, I pay attention to my emotions and find positive ways to calm my mind and body down when I'm stressed. I try deep breathing; yoga or I call a friend up and do something fun!
4. Because I love myself, I follow my intuition about what's best for my life. No more caving into "should do" "must do" or "have to" thoughts. Today it's all about "I want to", "I choose to" and "I did it"!
5. Because I love myself, before I say "yes" (again) to something or someone, I ask myself, "Is this new task in alignment with my goals? Will saying 'yes' light me up? What will I have to say 'no' to if I say 'yes' to this new activity?" I choose to be honest and speak my Truth to put my own needs first every now and then!
6. Because I love myself, I am grateful for the body I was born with, taking time to appreciate its unique wonder. I stand proud knowing that I am able to choose to embrace myself in the skin I'm in no matter how the beauty industry tells me I should look.
7. Because I love myself, I CAN leap before I look, take chances and give my dreams the chance to come true.
8. Because I love myself, I stop worrying so much about the future and start living right in the present. Really, really LIVING. Day by day, taking a moment to appreciate things just the way they are. I make my life about daily growth through trial and error, and relationship building. A flawless success portfolio means nothing if I'm burned out and unhappy on the inside!
9. Because I love myself, l nourish my body with healthy, whole foods, which give me more energy, strength and endurance to live life to the fullest. I remember that eating healthy is not about looking good in my jeans, but about how it makes me feel inside and out.
10. Because I love myself, I remember to be gentle with myself. After all, I'm fabulously human and am allowed MANY moments of imperfection.
How could you create your most joy-filled day today?!
Do you resonate with Maria's story? If so, you're the person Maria's speaking to in her book Campus Calm University. It's designed to empower you to give up the exhausting pursuit of perfection, and instead embrace the real steps to success, health, happiness and leadership. Chapters teach you how to be a lifelong learner, infuse your career search with some PG passion, embrace risk, focus inward, be creative (even if you're not an artist) and surround yourself with a network of positive people who can help you reach your goals. And much more too!